Invisalign North London
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a revolutionary form of orthodontics. Instead of using the standard metal braces, clear aligners are used to move your teeth into the desired position. Invisalign use advanced 3D computer graphics, combined with the 100 year old science of orthodontics, to create the smile you have always dreamed of!
How It Works
The first step is to have a consultation in our practice to determine whether Invisalign is right for you. After that, advanced computer technology is used to create a series of clear, plastic aligners custom designed for your teeth. The number of aligners required can range from around 12-48, and sometimes even more, depending on the severity of the case. Each aligner is worn for around 1 – 2 weeks, until the final result is obtained. The aligners are worn throughout the day and slept in at night, but taken out during eating, brushing and cleaning.
What Conditions Can Be Treated?
Invisalign can be used to treat a range of orthodontic conditions, which were previously treated with metal braces. These include:
- Crowded teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisible: Unlike traditional braces, which have metal brackets and wires which are highly visible, Invisalign aligners are made from clear plastic, making them virtually invisible.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are removable, which makes brushing your teeth and cleaning your aligners a straightforward business. It also means that, unlike with metal braces, there are no dietary restrictions.
- Faster appointments: Invisalign visits are much quicker as there are no wires to be tightened.
- Comfort: The wires and metal parts of traditional braces can scratch the inside of the mouth. Invisalign aligners are smooth, and do not need to be tightened, making them much more comfortable.
Types of Invisalign
- Invisalign Full: The standard Invisalign® treatment. Can be used to correct more complex issues such as overbites, overjets, underbites, and cross bites.
- Invisalign Lite: Invisalign® treatment for simpler cases. Can be completed within 6 months.
- Invisalign Teen: Specially created for growing mouths. Includes 6 free replacement aligners.
- Invisalign i7: For minor cases. The aligners fit over the first 6 – 8 teeth.
To achieve the smile you have always dreamed of with Invisalign in north London, request an appointment with Hampstead Orthodontic Practice today!